View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2019, 12:42 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I've finished up a few projects over the past few weeks, though I was on vacation from December 22-29, visiting Tampa for a day and a half before setting out on a cruise from Tampa on Dec 24th, sailing open water on Christmas Day, then Key West on Dec 26th, Cozumel Mexico on Dec 27th, another day at sea on the 28th and arriving in Tampa and flying back home on the 29th.

So these models are from The Drowned Earth miniatures game. I had already shown pictures of the 5 Artifacter factions and 5 Bondsmen faction models. The ones I've recently finished are from the Wayfarer faction. They are the mercenary faction and can be played as one team or members of this group can be played as part of another faction.

So far I only have 3 of 6 finished.

First is Lliana. She's a little bit of a thing. Good thing she has stealth. Her Wavepulser can be nasty with the teardrop template. If she can get a couple enemies at the same time in one attack, that would be sweet!

Next is Grayze. Grayze doesn't have a ranged weapon, other than smoke grenades that can help against ranged attacks. She's decent in melee with her staff and with a 1 inch reach, it's easy for her to initiate melee but not be locked in base contact. She's the medic of the faction, so she's mostly about using her grenades for giving some cover and patching up wounds.

Next is Aronax. Aronax is a scout for the Wayfarer faction. He can be deployed in Stealth mode, and has a neat ambush ability that allows him to react to stop the movement of an enemy figure that moves within 4 inches of him, and he is moved into base contact with that figure and can attack.

Shotgun doesn't have the best range, but can do good damage if rolls a nailed it at short range. The axe is nice for real close and personal work

3 Wayfarers down and 3 left to do. But here is what the family picture is looking like so far.

Just finished a little side project. I had started on another model for The Drowned Earth, but got sidetracked by a terrain opportunity. On Saturday, I cleaned out our fish tank, as after the last fish died, we decided to abandon the pet fish routine after like 15 years of various fish.

It was only a 10 gallon tank, so there wasn't much decoration in there other than a couple fake colorful plants (that will be used for The Drowned Earth and Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago ), and there was a cool rock formation with cave entrances.

This piece had been in there a while and the original color had since come off, as it was mostly almond, dirty white by now, with some original green/brown in the deep crevices.

So after washing it and priming it (under prime black and grey prime from above), I added various colors and washes, and added some static grass, turf blend, bush clumps and some grass tufts.

Nice line of sight blocker and can be climbed on with the right models. The cave entrance could be a nice hiding spot or used for fantasy type games where a party enters that cave and you have another game board for the interior of the cave system.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon