View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2022, 07:01 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape 2 Prediction Thread

I'm starting to see the name "Age of Annihilation" as our first overarching annual theme. So, 2023 we get HS:AoA. For this same time next year (2024) it will be something else... HS-???

With sets like SotM and BftU in mind, I'm thinking we will get, for 2023, five Faction Sets. I'm still not quite sure what the options will be for assortment/packaging, but I think the term "faction set" will enter into our HS lexicon. And each faction set will have some campaign scenarios, just like SotM and BftU. (Hmm, would each FS start out as a Haslab project?)

Heroscape: Age of Annihilation (2023)
- The Dawnraider Syndicate Faction Set (Feb?)
- The Ironclad Collective Faction Set (Apr?)
- The Dryan Lifeborne Order Faction Set (Jun?)
- The Clockwork Combine Faction Set (Aug?)
- The Nemesis War Brood Faction Set (Oct?)

Heroscape: ??? (2024)
- Faction Set 1
- Faction Set 2
- Faction Set 3
- Faction Set 4
- Faction Set 5

If we get faction sets, will they basically always be master sets, with a reasonable number of copies of commons/uncommons based on point-cost and SPs? Will they have enough terrain/commons/uncommons, so that purchasing 1 to 4 of any faction set will satisfy 90% of us? Will faction sets pretty much replace all other types of sets we've seen in the past? OR, will a faction set be one big box, with smaller boxes inside that can also be purchased separately later on, like if/when it gets a retail release? We'll soon find out.

Also, I'm predicting we get some *gasp* cardboard terrain (one side water, other side sandy-beach) with the Dawnraider Syndicate faction set, that looks a lot like (exactly like shape/size-wise?) the cardboard terrain that came with MtG:AotP. Perhaps, if HS:AoA is successful, it will trigger a revival of MtG:AotP, with the idea of some cross-compatibility in mind for the success of both systems.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; October 3rd, 2022 at 04:37 PM. Reason: updating prediction with their craven court name change to nemesis war brood