Thread: Diplomacy
View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2021, 01:09 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Diplomacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
@Ranior You went seasons without responding to my messages in critical parts of the game. I pretty much felt like I didnt owe you anything by late game.

I went radio silence as a tactic to reduce the draw, austria and italy wanted me to stab France. I told them id say nothing till Russia is removed and then we can talk. I didnt respond to your broadcast messages as a result of this tactic. Austria didnt want to entertain that apparently.

I have like no clue what you're talking about. I just reviewed the correspondence log and we were chatting basically every season with multiple messages all throughout the game. The one spot that didn't go well was Spring of 1902, you sent several messages right near the deadline and we didn't coordinate like you wanted, but that's the issue with last minute planning. Fall of 1902 we didn't converse as we both had other things to worry about I guess, and I was busy with some other stuff. Then in 1903 and onward we continued to talk quite a bit, and then you were the one that just went full radio silence.

Which apparently was some sort of tactic, but I don't think it helped and it did lead to a good level of frustration on my end. I was the one that kept sending broadcasts at the start of seasons clarifying it was an obvious draw and I wasn't sure what others stances were. Even just getting an actual message back from you or France that you were playing for a 4 way draw, or had plans you were working, or just anything, really would have gone a long way. As is it seemed I was just getting jerked around by the pair of you while I had felt my side made it clear we were playing for a 5 way draw while I had zero clue what the other side wanted.

@kevindola , I have no problem with you planning to oust me, I told you as much. I'd likely have done the same in everyone else's position, removing Russia was pretty easy at the end of the game and had I got clear messaging from others that a 4 way draw would be accepted once that happened I'd have done it. Honestly if France and England had just made it clear they were playing or a 4 way draw I may well have just helped y'all remove me--personally the difference between a 4 way draw or 5 way draw is meaningless to me, there's no glory in any of that.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX