View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2015, 12:33 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Great Controversy -- or Is It Really?

I think people tend to forget that the Bible has not been one unaltered book since the beginning. The simple differences between the Catholic and Protestant Bibles alone should be evidence of that. It has also been influenced both unintentionally (translator bias) and intentionally (cultural or leadership pressures). Due to this and the vague and easily debated mentions in the New Testament of homosexual relations, I have come to view homosexual marriage as something that is not for people to control. In fact, for the past few years, I have viewed the Bible as more of a guideline for how one should model their life, rather than a hard and fast set of rules to be followed without question.

On a slightly off topic note, I thought it was interesting that in 1 Timothy 1:8-10 (a passage used by some to argue against homosexuality), it specifically mentions slave trading as a sin.