View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2014, 08:25 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: How to Host Your First Heroscape Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic goat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
This was the best place I could find to ask this, besides making a new thread.

How does everyone feel about having events at people's homes?
I've hosted several tournaments at my house. I actually prefer it because of the flexibility. We might get creative with army requirements or even build (gasp) asymmetrical maps! I usually don't charge anything for anyone that comes - the wife is kind enough to make snacks for everyone (I married a good woman)... I usually send out a blanket email to people I've met in person or played with before - kind of a pre-screen process I guess. There aren't usually any table prizes - the only thing people walk away with are war stories, some cheesy themed trophies I often make and bragging rights until the next time. It's all fun and let's me not feel so guilty about that room full of expensive plastic I have...
I for having tournaments anywhere.

However I think some people may shy away from coming if it is in a home -vs- a public place. The more obvious reason would probably be the room.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023