View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2021, 01:19 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AndreThaGiant's Customs [ILVARA THE DROW OM HUB]

I thought that her aura was up to 5 spaces before writing this, so discard what you may.
Though giving shadow to your opponents could make things harder on yourself, thematically, I can’t see it not affecting your enemies. If it is selective then it feels forced and probably too powerful. It should already be powerful if played well in positioning your figures and preventing others from getting into the aura. Her points are higher for now, but I wouldn’t mistake her as lackluster for having 2 separate strongly synergetic systems. Granted her shadow could make combat more tedious for other figures around her. Could think about lowering its distance a bit. I feel like giving her 4 attack would help iron out her attack output issue under shadow while remaining part of her theme as having some base magic attack. Flesh of Lolth strikes me as a more mature name and less Heroscape-y to me in that way. I don’t have much to comment on with her bonding systems. In conjunction with her shadow aura, she brings a lot to the table which could very well make her fit the points she is at.. I think theory-scaping a custom will only get you so far though without seeing how her mechanics operate in a real game scenario which will often times help you see quite quickly where something could/should be adjusted.
As I mentioned, I wrote this thinking her aura was up to 5 spaces. I think if it were longer, it could make the shadow benefiting synergies more interesting, but I’d reduce it to a point that it is not overly influencing. A one space shadow aura might be fine. I’d just have to see how it plays in game besides being the hub for your shadow loving figs, but in theory, it’s less interesting to me as it could be if it were a bit wider an affect.