View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2015, 09:46 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Meggan (Meggan Puceanu) (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
fwiw, I like class and species based restrictions for the sake of competitive balance. Since it's only a boost here, though, I'm not sure how much that applies.
I think it still applies, because if we removed the mutant bonus, we'd probably have to lower the regular number a bit. That said, most of the combos I'm worried about are mutant based, so arguably something like a 12+ universal cutoff would be less worrying.

As I said, I don't think it's ever been said that she's better at mimicking other mutants, but she does it more often. It was kind of a theme thing. I could drop it if people are more comfortable with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Tricky doesn't feel quite right for her personality to me; my first thought would be to do something like "Unstable" or "Adaptable".
I almost went with Adaptable myself. I am definitely down with that. Any other thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Could we have Empathic Metamorph also change her personality? Seems like it should thematically, and I can't think of any serious balance issues if it did (I mean, you could pair her with Red Skull so she could use the cube, but due to her stats being lower then Red Skull's I don't see that as a big deal).
I actually had personality in there initially, but it was the cube that talked me out of it. I also don't love her getting Insane synergies (particularly since I really don't like the idea of her having a better excuse to try to replicate Harley and throw the bomb).

Fearless and Valiant and Tricky and Patriotic all work for me, but Brilliant and Insane and Ruthless don't, as much. All told I lean slightly against adding personality. I could be convinced otherwise but that's my lean.