View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow Royalty and warforged

New units of the day:

I've seen a lot of King/Queen etc. Customs on this site, so how about a Squad to go with them? The Royal Guard Knights bond with any small or medium King, Queen, or Prince you've got. With Swift Aid, they'll be able to keep up easily enough, and they can even rush to the aid of friendly Royalty, even the big Dragons.

Here's a King to go with the Royal Guard Knights for starters. King Kenelm powers up all Loyal figures around him, further enabling the RGK to do better. King's Smite gives him 6 Attack against all Utgar and Valkrill units, turning him into a real powerhouse. On top of that, once per round he may use Mark of Kenelm: powering up a small/medium Knight figure and taking a turn with them. Its most obvious use right now is for the Knight Squads, but to clarify if you use it on a Squad figure, then only that single Marked figure may take a turn, not the whole Squad. 185 sounded fair, on par with Nilfheim, who always has 6 attack and his own bonuses. Ironically, apparently the king who's sculpt I used isn't such a nice guy after all, but a figure's a figure.

Warforged Phalanx is a common hero capable of spearing and shoving enemies away from it, enabling further uses of his Braced Spear 16. Of course, his uses are limited being a common, but Vain can help these guys move out in full force, enabling up to 3 move and Tactical Shove. Remember that Shove is 3 spaces in a straight line specifically away from the Phalanx, so there's not much freedom in what direction you're shoving an enemy.

Vain is a powerful Warforged Captain, leading his soldiers into battle to seize victory. I found his wicked-cool sculpt on Google and gave it a recolor treatment. With Warforged Advance, he can move up 3 Warforged Soldiers with him (to clarify, that's Warforged (species) and Soldiers (class), not the unit). Once he's on his high ground, he gains Super Advantage, becoming near invincible. With an army of tactical swapping and shoving allies, no one can get him off his height.

New Glyphs:

This Ancient Artifact can momentarily eliminate all defense from a foe, possibly destroying them in one hit if they have little life to spare. Since it's so good in that aspect, you're only allowed one. Combined with other Attack-boosting glyphs and/or the Whetstone of Venom, this can really do some damage.

The Glyph of Survivability ensures that your Hero will never die in one hit. If they are destroyed, they'll live with one life remaining. Once they're fully healed, this glyph can be used again, making it great on low-life units. Some have asked me why the reuse mechanic is in there and why this isn't a temporary Glyph. Well, I wanted it to not be too much like the Scarab of Invulnerability, plus this way it has further uses as more of a bonus power rather than a one-time bailout. Provided you have a healer or heal wounds between D&D rooms, this will keep you alive for a long time.

Well that's all for today! Leave some feedback or something maybe. I'll be back sooner or later with some more!

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 25th, 2018 at 10:34 PM.