View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Vote for Initial (Mesmerise)

V brought this up when we were talking today, but Mesmerize could be an issue in balance terms, and it's certainly going to come in much higher than you project right now. We ran into this issue with Images of Ikonn. Avoiding an attack can easily be worth 40-50 points for a Magical Defense figure. Coming before the attack will bring it down some, but if the interaction with Mordo is in there, it's still going to come in fairly high. Not sure how you fell about that.

Also, if there is an interaction with Mordo, I don't think the spell necessarily needs to be tested first. We should make sure it's not too strong with another unit, but it can be tested alongside him like any design-specific glyphs are. So I'll hold off on voting for now.

As for Mordo himself, I like the design. Definitely think the anti-negation aspect can go because Strange seems a certainty to changed now. If you want to hold up a little while that gets sorted out though, I understand.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"