View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:18 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Re: From Day One, were you there?

I remember walking through a Toys 'R Us store back in Oct 2004 and seeing the Heroscape bubble display on the shelf. I did one of those things where my feet kept walking but my head stopped and stared. After regaining my balance, I picked up and held in my hands one of the Heroscape game boxes.

I must have stood there for 5 minutes just staring at the box. It felt like Heaven's light was shining down on this "jewel" in my hands. The Master Set alone had encompassed everything that I had ever wanted in a game.

When I bought the game I had no idea that expansions were even a possiblity, nor did I care. So my honest answer to the original question is that I didn't care whether Heroscape survived or not, I thought the Master Set alone was sheer genius. It lent itself to plenty of custom creations. That was what led me to the .net site (first and only gaming community that I have ever been a part of).

Each and every expansion that has been released since the beginning has simply been icing on the cake.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)