View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: OHS Season 28 - GenCon Prep (Round 2 until 7/12)

xorlof vs isb3 is over.

I was sweatin' this one. ISB3 is by far the better player than I, and it just *had* to be this map and glyph set on a RTW round where I go against him... (My army, that ISB3 was playing, is Tor-Kul-Na/grubs, Airborne Elite, and Eldgrim, and I thought that was pretty good for this map/glyph combo).

...and then he just *had* to get The Drop on Round 1 plus get that first initiative! The AE assassinated Raelin on turn 1 and did some other damage as well. I had spread out my guys in the start zone to minimize grenade opportunities, so at least I had that going for me, but I thought things were pretty grim at that point. However, my PKs did a pretty good job against the AE, taking them out in a couple of turns, minimizing other other casualties. I lost my OM3 (raelin), which he used his to start moving out TKN and his tasty treats.

On round two I, attempted to setup a poorly executed PK screen to give time to get my Ashigaru Harquebus into some sort of decent position. (Remember, my startzone was setup weirdly because of grenade worries). But due to errors on my part, he shredded through them with TKN and the grubs. My OM3 was the Ashigaru. Hoping for an initiative switch, I even splashed some of them in the water, but didn't get it. They did start picking off some grubs.

Round three was more Ashigaru doing grub-shooting and more TKN doing Ashigaru-stomping. That I didn't get the initiative switch last round worked out fine for me because at OM2, I tried to present as if OM3 was on the Ashigaru, hoping he would move TKN in. He did move TKN in. OM3 was really on Alastair, and with a splash/attack/overextend/get-height/attack combo, he managed to put 5 wounds on TKN. That was great luck when I needed it. I then got the initiative switch (more luck), and of course I led with Alastair, who could again overextend if needed to get that final wound on TKN. But that wasn't necessary.

After TKN was taken out, ISB3 resigned with a handful of grubs and Eldgrim remaining. I had a squad of AH, 3(?) PKs, a 5 of 6 health Alastair, and the opportunity to pod up near Kelda.

Again, ISB3 played better than me, and getting good dice at the right moment is the only reason I'm moving on in the undefeated bracket. Thanks for the game, ISB3!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK