View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2016, 06:55 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Comics: what are you currently reading?

@Hex_Induction_Hour, sounds interesting! Clowes is a cartoonist I've been meaning to check out for a while now. Would you say Like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron is a good place to jump into his work?

Myself, I accidentally ended up on a Grant Morrison kick recently. Couple weeks ago, I finally got my hands on a copy of Multiversity from the library. In typical Morrison fashion, it's weird, a little hard to follow, and extremely meta. I'd say your opinion on his previous work (and especially his ideas in Flex Mentallo) will largely drive how you feel about Multiversity.

While I was on vacation this week, I finally got around to reading his Seven Soldiers of Victory, which I bought about a year ago on a great Comixology sale. That's just a solid read, regardless of how you feel about Morrison. Seven fun, very different minseries linking together to form an overarching story. It's a neat idea, and the writing is good. I'm also working my way through his Action Comics run from the beginning of New 52.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"