View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2017, 11:56 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Joker (III) - Design Phase

The main idea of the BANG! gun is that - he fires it, oops it's just a toy, I'm relaxed now because he's just messing around, OH NO it's actually a gun, ouch, I'm dead. That's why the blanks are hits (because even the "blank" of a flag will hurt you) and why the defenses are passed over.

That being said I'm fine with making it a defense reduction power rather than a defense bypassing power. If so, I'd probably want to up it to 3 attack dice, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Let me put it another way. There's no way Joker's SA should be more powerful than Judge Death's.
Like I said, I'm comfortable with fiddling BANG! if people would like it, but honestly, this criticism doesn't make sense to me. Judge Death's power is just not very good - we've had WASP and DAGGER for even longer, both of whom are significantly cheaper than Death (or than this Joker would be for that matter) and have 2 dice at range with a "cannot roll defense dice" clause. Taking Judge Death as our baseline for that sort of power is like taking Doomsday as the baseline for future healing powers.