View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Rover - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
My only real concern, at first glance, is that his "master" Tom Skylark isn't a Mutant, and is thus unable to be (hypothetically) protected by DESTROY!. That being said, that sort of power could easily be on Skylark's card, as he doesn't really have much else to offer. So it's probably best to keep with the clear theme of "mutant hunter that now protects mutants."
I also highly doubt we'll ever do a Tom Skylark design, given that he doesn't have a mini, will probably never get one, and there's hardly any call for him to be designed. To keep things balanced, I'd prefer to stick to a faction (Mutants) and on the off chance Skylark is ever designed, we can put synergy with Rover on his card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Do you want him to be carrying two figures when he moves to protect a mutant?
Nope. Which is why I have the standard Carry wording here, which prevents him using the power outside of his normal movement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
Also minor thing, you have it called Double Carry, but in the power text you refer to it as Sentinel Carry.
Like I said, it's an old write-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Like johnny says, any Skylark/Juston synergy could just be handled on their cards, but I like the idea of having a keyword power on Rover's card that could give Juston and Skylark something to key in on and base their synergy on.

I wouldn't spring for it with what's currently in the SP, but if we're doing a shorter version of Destroy, something like quozl's got, I could see a short first power that lets Rover pick a Human companion.
So my thinking goes along with this as well. I've been thinking it would be best limited to a single figure. Borrowing an idea from you:
Quote:
MUTANT COMPANION
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Mutant Hero you control to be Rover's Companion. Rover rolls an additional die when attacking a figure adjacent to his Companion with a normal attack.

DESTROY!
If Rover's Companion is within 3 clear sight spaces of Rover and would receive one or more wounds from an attack, Rover must move adjacent to that figure, if possible, and receive those wounds instead. If
he does, and the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Rover, the attacking figure receives one wound. When Rover uses Destroy, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
We could always give Rover bonding with the chosen figure as well, if we wanted to tie them closer together. In that case, I'd probably drop the attack boost and make Destroy only trigger on adjacency.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"