View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2009, 07:39 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: NorCal New Year-New Army Tourney.

Interesting discussion, gentlemen. But I'm not really all that eager to reconstuct the tourney format the week before the event. The proposed changes are interesting, but sound like a fair bit of extra work during the event. I have a simpler solution that will keep consistency with the current format and should be somewhat less gruntwork for all involved.

Upon winning the match, a winning player currently has two options available to him. Keep his army; forcing the loser to keep theirs as well, which I wasn't super happy with. Or they can trade armies with their opponent to remain more point competitive in the runnings, a choice that benefits both loser and winner. Simplifying the draft idea for players who want a new army but not the one they'd be stuck with, the solution to me seems to have more armies available than players. An Army sidebar, if you will. This sidebar will have 4 premade armies available upon it, which will be viewable at all times. (See below.) There's a catch however. If you trade with the sidebar, which available army you receive from the sidebar will be determined RANDOMLY. Likely by a d4 roll.

Trading with the sidebar:

- A winning player after a match may decide instead of trading with an opponent to trade with the sidebar. The player rolls the d4 and takes their new army. If a winning player chooses to trade with the sidebar, the losing player in the same match may either take the winning player's army automatically, or may also trade with the sidebar in the same fashion.(Winner trades first.) If a winning player chooses to keep his army, then a losing player may also initiate a trade with the sidebar. After each trade, the unselected army is added to the sidebar and made available for further trades.

- A player can only trade armies ONCE before each match. If you trade directly with your opponent, you may not then access the sidebar.

- Trading with the sidebar is done in match pairs, (winner, loser) on a first come first serve basis. All trades will be completed before the next match pairs are decided.

I chose the following armies to be balanced and decently mixed between competitiveness and repetitiveness on the tourney scene. I'm not looking for suggestions or replacements, but I will need help making them available for the event. I can only provide Army A in addition to my own army come gameday. I can bring some or most of the others, if it comes down to piecemealing them out, but for the sake of simplicity and making shore everyone takes home what they brought, it'd be nice to have individuals supply whole armies rather than parts of this army and that army. So, if you can supply one or more of these armies, please post saying so. Thanks.

Initial Sidebar Armies:

A. (Brought by Ronin Valentina)
Tor Kul Na - 220
Stingers x3 - 400
Nagrubs x2 - 460
Marcu - 480
- 18 starting spaces

B. (Brought by ?)
Sir Gilbert - 105
Finn - 185
KoW x2 - 325
AE - 435
Theracus - 475
- 16 starting spaces

C. (Brought by ?)
10th Reg x3 - 225
Zelrig - 410
Zetacron - 470
Isamu - 480
- 17 starting spaces

D. (Brought by ?)
Gladiatrons x2 - 160
Blastatrons x2 - 280
SotM Raelin - 400
James Murphy - 475
- 18 starting spaces

Comments, questions?

- Heroscape is a standing game. -

Last edited by RoninValentina; February 1st, 2009 at 07:48 PM.