Old January 30th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation
Re: NorCal New Year-New Army Tourney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair MacDirk View Post
What if after the first round everyone who wanted to switch put their armies up for reassignment. Then we would each draft an army (in entirety, not squad or hero at a time) from the pool of armies from highest seed to lowest. Repeat after each round. Make a rule that nobody can draft the same army twice.
Wouldn't this have the effect that the early winners will pull farther ahead because they get to draft the best armies first? This would make it harder for the early losers to turn their luck around and better their standings.

~Z
NO! But, look at this way, if you are in the losers bracket you will be evenly matched in round 2 since your army was drafted closely to where your opponent got his army from the pool. Compare that with the original format. You lose the first round and the winner decides he does not want to switch armies with you... then you have even less of a chance of reversing your fortune even if you win your second game.

We're talking about the same mediocre army in both examples. My way a loser would play it against a similar mediocre army in the 2nd bracket. With the current system a winner would take the mediocre army to play a potentially great army in the winners bracket. Doesn't seem a fair way to reward winning, does it?

Swiss tourney is not exactly single elimination, but I would bet that if you looked at statistics of people that lost their 1st round game and then won the tourney it'd be less than 5%. Probably 1%. My advice.... make it your plan to go undefeated if you plan on winning the tourney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB
And I have a man crush on good looking robots.

Last edited by Alastair MacDirk; January 30th, 2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: None of your biznatch.