View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2019, 07:18 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
As much as I have recently been more tempted to get into Marvel Crisis Protocol, because it looks so darn cool. I like the way they set up the scenarios with each player revealing their half of the scenario cards at the same time and then choosing your crew for that scenario out of the 10 characters you put in your list. I like that characters get power tokens for each wound they receive and other ways, and then can use those power tokens as a resource to pay for powers. I like that you can throw things and break things. But, it would be expensive and take away from games I already have and enjoy.

That said, I did preorder the Marvel Champions LCG announced by FFG. It seems like a cross between LotR LCG and Arkham Horror LCG. I watched some videos and it looks really cool. They seem to have finally gotten smart at FFG and made this core set totally complete, so you don't have to buy other core sets to get some of the cards not included in just one set. It also seems to be setup to make deck-building easier and less intimidating for newbies and that will make it easier to teach and get others into. But I believe they will add to it over time to give those that love to spend time trying to maximize their decks and such.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...ions-card-game

Anyway, I haven't bought a non-miniatures game related game in awhile, but I can't pass on being able to get my superhero fix. It plays solo and co-op, so it will definitely get played and I won't have to paint anything
I'm considering getting the core set and seeing how we take to it. I recently sold a bundle of our card cuz they weren't hitting the table (we kept DC Deckbuilding, Legendary (We love the Encounters games), and SW: Destiny even though we no longer buy new cards since the rotation). But we got rid of VS, GoT: LCG, LotR LCG, and some others. While we enjoyed some of these games, LotR in particular, they weren't hitting the table anymore.

But Champions has our attention and if it can push Marvel Legendary from one of the go-to supers card games, we'll keep it getting more. The game looks pretty neat and I think they had a good team of designers on the game.
I think Champions can be pretty successful and replace some other superhero games, like Sentinels for some people. I believe the designer of LotR and Arkham Horror LCG is part of this design team, so that is a good sign.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon