View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Valentine’s Day Massacre
Ch1can0's Death Valley Map, as he modified it for RtTFF

DaddyScaper (>400 pts) -
Marro Warriors
Me Burq Sa
Marro Drones
Su Bak Na
Ne Gok Sa

KidScaper (>600 pts) -
Charos
DW 8000
DW 9000
Zettian Guards
Deathreavers

KidScaper showing here his favorites - Charos and the Soulborgs.

Charos charges the valley while the Deathreavers scatter toward the glyphs, taking the +1 attack. Meanwhile my Drones (house rule - we have one set, so no d20 for their special movement) head toward the glyphs, taking +1 defense and +4 range, and the Marro Warriors head to the high ground and the puddles.

Charos maneuvers to take the high ground closer to me. The Deathwalker 8000 comes up behind, and from a hilltop takes out one of the Marro Warriors. With all this water and Su Bak Na, they don’t mind.

KidScaper has blundered and let a drone sneak onto one of the glyphs on his side of the map, the +8 initiative. A battle of weenies ensues. Always outnumbered, always outgunned. The sheriff is surrounded by villains:

The drone absorbs a series of failed nibbles by the robo-rats. Then, from the mountaintop above, a hero emerges:

Yes, it’s a Marro Warrior. Fuzzy, but backlit the way a hero should be. The roborats start dropping.

Once they are dead or scattered, it’s time to take advantage of the range glyph, and do some sharpshooting.

Yeehaw!!

Me Burq Sa adds insult to injury by grabbing the last glyph *and* nailing the Deathwalker 8000 with his patented “behind the back” shot.

Where is Charos, you may be wondering, while his Soulborg friends are being decimated by trickery and sharpshooting?

Charos has been battling Ne Gok Sa. Ne Gok Sa has been standing on a glyph, trying to mind shackle Charos, while Charos has been unable to overcome NGS' high defense. It’s been an awkward standoff for Charos, who is probably needed elsewhere:

Ok, enough for one day.

We return a few days later. Here’s an overview, also showing the consumption of the cereal bar whose wrapper lingers on the table into our battle some days later, reported above.

The tide begins to turn against me, at least in one part of the map.

“What? ‘Tis only a flesh wound!”

Me Burq Sa takes another scalp. He alone was responsible for a lot of carnage.

Meanwhile the surviving Zettian Guard scales the cliff and takes out his second mountaintop Marro Warrior.

And Ne Gok Sa shuffles off this mortal coil, after a heroic stand that kept Charos from doing any damage until it was too late.

Clearly it’s time to bring in the reinforcements. At this point I have suffered through the passing of 3-4 Marro Warriors, total, and it’s near the endgame.

“I’m not dead yet!”

Me Burq Sa takes out the last Death Reaver and I get cocky, sending Ne Gok Sa out against Charos. Wish me luck!

KidScaper wisely abandons the defense glyph and takes the high ground. My own attack (and Charos’ counterstrike) does me in when I roll garbage against his superior defense. Check out the dice.

Me Burq Sa single-handedly disposes of KidScapers remaining squad units. It’s time for a showdown.

Four Marro Warriors scattered around the map, and Me Burq Sa rolling hot, plus one or two drones to keep Charos engaged. . . The big guy drops.

Oh, well, KidScaper got me next time.

edited to get all those darned Marro names straight. Ne Gok Sa, Su Bak Na, Me Burq Sa, it sounds like Dr. Seuss

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =