Thread: Nintendo Switch
View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2017, 08:54 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Nintendo Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I'm completely sold!

I haven't purchased a Nintendo home system for myself since the N64. I own the Wii and WiiU, but both have been purchased primarily for my kids, with me playing Zeldas as they release and sobbing quietly about how all the best rpgs took up permanent residence with Sony as far as home consoles were concerned. So in a way, the most exciting thing I saw was Octopath Traveler. First because it looks amazing, but also as a watershed moment where rpgs return to a "home" Nintendo system.

Zelda looks amazing also, too, as well. In fact, the 3/3 release date has created a bit of a crisis for me. I've been looking forward to Horizon Zero Dawn for more than a year now and it comes out a mere week before a game I want even more that looks like it will scratch the EXACT same itch.

And maybe it's just me, but I kinda think I might play the heck outta ARMS. I loved Bionic Commando (the original). Dhalsim was my favorite Street Fighter character. The odds that I have fun throwing long ranged punches seems high.

All in all, not only does it seem to me that I will get plenty from the system this year, but the games that were announced give me hope about the types of releases I can expect to see in the future.

~Aldin, pre-buyingly
I hope that most folks out there are as enthusiastic as you Aldin. I know that I have been a bit of a Debbie Downer about it and I'm tryin' to get over it. I have owned every Nintendo home console. The only Nintendo products that I have not owned are the portable systems. I have always been a bit of a Nintendo fanboy I suppose. So I really hope that I am surprised and this system really catches on. I also hope that it is indeed the return of the JRPG to a Nintendo home console.

Bionic Commando was awesome but hard. It was one of the few games back then that I never beat. I'm iffy on Arms, as Guile was my guy in Street Fighter My boy, on the other hand, most definitely does want Arms, so I'm sure I'll end up with it at some point.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.