Thread: Orcs or Romans?
View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Orcs or Romans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
I'd say definitely go with the orcs.

1. Orcs are way cooler in my opinion
2. There is a greater variability of armies that can be used with the orcs.
3. Roman archers are just horrible. Nobody uses them, they are terrible. If you go with the romans, half of your figures will be useless. The orcs can make two different types of armies: One with beasts with the arrow gruts, and orc champions with the blade gruts.

The legionnaires are fun too, don't get me wrong, but if I had to choose one or the other I would go with orcs every time.
This statement has been diagnosed with Grade 3 Metagame Syndrome.

If your talking about a 500-point, double blind draft, with 24 hex start zones, on a BoV style map, have access to many of the hard to find figures, and are playing a death match... then I'm inclined to agree. The roman archers just don't hold up that well.

PLEASE note that this is only ONE style of play. Thematically the RA are pretty darn cool, they look great with some Lego buddy's and are one of the very few squads in the game that offer a SA (at six attack and six range no less!). The heartless bashing of the Roman Archers is really only relevant if you are talking about playing a competitive tournament style game.

Of Note: While research is on going there is still no known cure for Metagame Syndrome.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project