View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2018, 01:24 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 9/30/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
It is a little glyph crazy, but the set glyphs are so vunerable and close to both sides, that they are a big risk to go for. The Wound glyph gives life to an otherwise dead spot in the map. No one would drop in there without it. As it stands now, it gives the player the option to think about going down there, but you are likely going to get that unit killed due to how close both armies are to.

As for the Thorian Glyph, that's the easiest one to remove. I'm actually 50/50 on playing with it there or not. It gives melee a little protection from a rat screen and getting lit up from height on the first turn. It really can mess with the first batch of order markers to see a unit hop on that and then your ranged units are forced to move forward. In the end, it makes players play a little outside their comfort zone and mixes things up. It may not be perfectly balanced, but it gives you unique to consider.

And the two random glyphs on the end are needed to keep everyone spread out. Without those, people can ignore one end on setup and focus on the middle.

Ultimately, with the glyphs in the middle being so easy to knock someone off of, they play a little differently. Normally I would never play with this many glyphs, but this one seems to work ok with this. But of course, feel free to take some off if you feel it's too crazy.
Interesting. All makes sense.

My only other concerns with the map would be about chokepoints and the possibility of each player claiming one of the far hills near the end of the game and then neither player wanting to move. Have either of these been a concern at all?