View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Just got done with mission #5 of my Middle-East Insurgent campaign for Warfighter.

While the 3 soldiers didn't suffer any wounds, it was a nailbiter for sure, as the previous post mission die roll for adjusting this mission caused the objective to be moved one further location away, meaning more hostiles to go through with an extra location, and more time. Speaking of time, it started out as a 15 turn mission, but one of the locations I had to play (Shopping Mall) caused the timer to move forward one space, meaning I lost a turn navigating that place.

The objective was to take out a VIP Helicopter, but once activating the objective location (from an adjacent location) it only allows for 2 turns to take down the helicopter before it gets away. But to make matters worse, all the hostiles that come out on that objective card "screen" the helicopter, which means that you can't attack the helicopter until all the other hostiles at that location are either killed or suppressed.

Fortunately thanks to some sniper support, some flashbangs and a grenade as well as lots of gunfire, we were able to take out all the hostiles except one on the first turn the objective was activated. Then we got the final hostile (a Technical, which is a pickup truck with a machine gun mounted on the back) suppressed and were able to attack the helicopter on the final turn available.

Giacamelli through his last grenade to put 2 of 4 damage on it. Then Mitton used up his last magazine to put 3rd damage on it, and finally Giacomelli was able to finish it off with a long burst from his MP7 carbine. Success!

Giacamelli used 7 of 8 magazines of his ammo for his carbine, 4 grenades, 2 flashbangs, and 1 smoke grenade.

Stephens used 5 of 12 magazines of ammo for his M16A2.

Mitton used 6 of 6 magazines of ammo for his M203 rifle/grenade launcher, 3 of 3 40mm grenades for the M203 and 2 of 2 hand grenades.

We also had a little bit of Sniper Support for a little while, as well as a little Mortar Support for a little while.

Tight mission for sure, even though there were no injuries, as if you fail a mission your campaign comes to an end and you check total earned Victory Points to see on a table what affect your campaign had overall.

Another entertaining session report. Yep, I'm getting weak. I think I'll go ahead and preorder the Footlocker and Speedball expansions (at a minimum) and try to get this back on the table. I've also noticed the rules have received a 2.0 upgrade, and there's a very interesting file on BGG containing 100 randomly generated missions.

No sooner had I mentioned cutting way back on board game purchases, and Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn hit my radar. I watched the rules and overview video for it, and this looks like it'll scratch that Magic itch. I preordered it, as Plaid Hat Games offers great preorder discounts.

I played Tsuro of the Seas last night with my parents. It's been a while since we've played this. It's a tile laying game where you place a tile with pathways in front of your ship, and you try to be the last ship on the table. There are obstacles on the board that you have to avoid, and you also must avoid running off the board or into another ship. It plays quick and a lot of fun to play. I also have the original version without the obstacles, and that's fun as well.