View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
I like them. They seem pretty sweet. Bonding with a hivelord is great. They can attack, although most of the time they will be worthless. but the ability to heal a hivelord is amazing. Subakna will see more play because of this. They are also nice and cheap. Our cheapest squad yet. Very nice. I look forward to trying them out.
Ah, but to heal your Hivelord, two things have to happen. First, the Hivelord has to get hurt before the Nagrubs are all dead, which will be far from guaranteed. Second, in order to heal, the unlucky Nagrub must already be adjacent to its master before either moves; enemy squads that can choose their targets, either because they're ranged or have disengage, can concentrate first on the Nagrubs that ended their last turn adjacent to a wounded Hivelord.

The Nagrubs might be a good choice in an army with two or more Hivelords, but with multiple Hivelords and multiple Nagrubs, will you be able to afford enough range? I think in the vast majority of builds, I'd rather just trade in Nagrubs x2 for another set of Stingers. Even putting those points toward Drudge or Marro Drones would be less brittle: those squads can both regenerate via the hive and will continue to be effective if they survive their Hivelord's death, two things the grubs can't claim.