View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2024, 10:30 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Does Anyone Draft Anymore?

I'm having fun constructing mini-metagames with these 16 card draft formats. Here's one I just made centered around Erevan Sunshadow:

Erevan Sunshadow
Gorilinators
Aubrien Archers
Sgt. Drake Alexander (RotV)

Deepwyrm Drow
Ashigaru Harquebus
Nakita Agents
Deadeye Dan

Microcorps Agents
Grimnak
Feral Troll
Ninjas of the Northern Wind

Werewolf Lord
Beakface Sneaks
Haduc
Warriors of Ashra

So basically you have a lot of units that are vulnerable to special attacks with only Erevan Sunshadow (and Deadeye Dan) as special attack options. OG Sgt. Drake is one of my favorite figures and he develops the metagame a bunch. Gorillinators are really good against Aubrien Archers and Microcorp Agents by denying height and shrugging off their low attacks. Harquebus are generally very good but get trashed by the other range options. Grimnak with no synergy brings me back to the old days of RotV, when he was the figure everyone wanted to field. Feral Troll and Werewolf Lord are generally underwhelming but counter Grimnak. Warriors of Ashra have a lot of hard counters here but they hard counter a few things, too.

Probably would do 400 points (24 hex) for this one. 3 sets of each common would be available, which seems like a good standard. I'll play these as 4 player free for all pools, but they could easily function as a 2 player draft format. I'm discovering an entirely new way to play. Thanks to kolakoski for inspiring this!

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.