View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Knockback Optional Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Actually, this is incorrect. From the Knockback Rulebook: "Ignore all special terrain rules except when it would wound or destroy a figure" - so a figure being knocked back would not be stopped by water, and would not for example, have to halve its movement over heavy snow or slippery ice.
Now when you look at the Bolded part, it is actually conditional on the italics. In a strict reading of the working, it is the Knockback rule that is causing the wound, not the water's special terrain rule, so you should ignore the water's specail rule that requires a figure to stop in water.
Yep, that's what I'd say, and it makes them most logical sense, thematically, mechanically and as to why that's in there in the first place. Honestly, I think this was the original intention that just got overridden by Sir G somehow. Other readings just seem weird to me.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================