Thread: Fav. Scenario?
View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2006, 05:53 PM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
We also tried something new out last night, which is just a small thing, but would make any game that much more interesting.

I placed two glyphs of Brandur on the map, with the stipulation that each player could only claim one of them. Once you claim your glyph, it is removed from the board, and the player gets to choose any unused glyph (any extra you may have lying around) and place it on any card you wish. It remains on the card and only affects that particular hero/squad for the rest of the game. Once that hero/squad is destroyed, the glyph that was on their card is removed and is no longer in play.

This made the game much more interesting, because I claimed my glyph really fast, and then guarded the other glyph from my opponent. I got the attack +1 and put it on the Blastatrons, since they are weak unless you have a squad of Soulborg rats to bond with. I just used it to boost my weakest card, next time I may decide to make my strongest card stronger, as the blastatrons still didn't last too very long, because Drake was all over them, almost every turn.

I really enjoyed this modified glyph usage, it made the game more interesting. However, I will probably use it differently in the future...there are so many options!

Click to see more...