View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2012, 11:41 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornhusker36 View Post
I would like to nominate another unit created by one of the judges.

qt.bangerang's Tentacles of the Kraken

I know that only Auggie carries these but he has 636 in stock which means that is 159 squads. and each person only needs 1 squad as they are unique.
I love these guys, very fun idea, cool to support Auggie and all he does for Scape.

However, I have reservations about the amount of text on these cards (wow!), the ability to bring back tentacles without limit (I assume I read that right--previously destroyed tentacles can be replaced, with the right roll, even after all are destroyed), and the use of (as I understand it) 4 identical sculpts.

None of these are absolute dealbreakers, but all of them give me pause.

I'll think these over more and vote soon.
I don't think the ability to bring back tentacles is as big a deal as you think. The Marro Warrios do a very similar regeneration and also benefit from being in the water.

Zombies, Elementals via Kurrock, and Marro via the Hive all have ways of bringing previously destoryed figures back into the game. preventing death is anothe way that destroyed figures stay in the game (e.g. Sacred Band, and elves with Alcolarh)

I am not a fan of same figure squads, however, the Tentacles of the Kraken represent appendages of the same figure. I would expect them to look the same. The Rat Swarms figure also really pulls off a same sculpt squad, just because of the swarm mentality, dozens of the same creature in the same place at the same time.

My one problem with the card is the amount of text though. It is not a figure that I would just give a first time player because they would be completely overwhelmed by the text.

On the other hand Tor-Kul-Na has a massive amount of text and that is only for one ability. There is a precedence for a lot of text and I definately think that there is a point to all the text.

@Bangerange-- I never realized that you could bring TotK back after all four had been destroyed. That is interesting. So in a sense you would want to kill them last so that they could't be revived. It would be fun to play an army of
Thanos, TotK, and Rats.