View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2019, 09:28 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played Black Rose Wars & really enjoyed it. It's a combination of programming, deck building & kinda area control. I played the Necromancy & for the first round was totally lost as all my spells relied on getting Undead monsters out & doing things with them. But I struggled to be able to summon them. I was killed in this first round & found myself last & behind by about 12 points (which in our game was pretty huge). The next round, with the help of some newly learnt spells, I was able to summon. But my monster & I were killed before being able to put together anything. Before the end of the round I was able to make another summon & that monster did some damage that brought me back to within 5 points of 2nd place. The rest of the game the others were just trying to contain my monsters. As I was pulling some wicked combos that awarded my lots of points. I won with 7 points clear. Definitely an enjoyable game once you get your head around the mechanics for scoring. At first I felt frustrated as my character required monsters to do things & it was a struggle with the starting spells to do what's required. As a new player I almost gave up at that point & just went through the motions. It wasn't until the learning of the new spells that allowed combos that made the initial spells make sense before I felt comfortable with the game. So it wasn't until at the 3rd round that the game clicked. Definitely recommend the game, but if playing the Necromancer you need to understand that the first round/s you are basically trying to set up for the following rounds.

Also played a 3 player game of Flick Wars. A fun dexterity game. Got my butt handed to me even though I was trying to help my target get at my attacker. The 3 player game requires some strange tactics. Although I just really suck at "flicking".