View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2013, 10:42 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: johnny139's Classic Customs - DCM Mermaid (4/14/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
New custom! Bring on the Mermaid!

KEEMA

Mermaid from Dungeon Crawler Fantasy Miniatures

Placeholder image, obviously, until some shots of the painted versions come in... or the miniature itself is released. I'll probably be choosing the Kickstarter Paint version, so that'll likely end up on the final card.

I wanted a terrain-unit with utility, so I drew pretty heavily from Mika Connour, who gets bonuses from terrain and can shape the battlefield herself. Hopefully I'll play around with her a bit today... see how she feels.
I like your ambition Johnny! I am hoping that Pathfinder will also release a mermaid miniature with their Skulls & Shackles set. If so then I am planning to make a squad. If not then I'll make a common/uncommon hero of her, anyway on to your design.

Working left to right, I would prefer Merfolk to Mer as species. Unique Hero is required for a named unit. Resolute works for the personality. Medium is right though she might be closer to 5. I guess we won't know for sure until November.

Keema is a fine name. Aquilla makes sense for the allegiance since she already has the Water Elemental. Aquatic and Water Tunnel are great. Call the Seas SA borrows enough from Mika Connor's Blend Into Shadows. There may be a potential corner case here, but I can't think of one off the top of my head though.

Statwise, 5 Life and 4 Attack might be too much for a mergirl. 3 Move, 1 Range, and 3 defense are right on. 80 points is right on for what you have, but if you drop her Life and Attack by one then I think she would fit at 70 points.

I like her but hopefully Pathfinder will give us another sculpt to work with. I would prefer to design squads than heroes especially unique heroes.