View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2019, 03:29 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Official Site Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Also, if anyone has a "list" of perks that you get from being a site supporter that would greatly help my decision.
I swear I thought there was a list somewhere, but I can't find it now. If anyone knows where that is, please speak up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
Could someone help me with how to PM someone images?
If you're not a site supporter, I don't think you can ... sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
... but I'm not even sure that i finally got a real answer to my question... it is really linked to Contributor role, or is it just an Admin trick..?
Avatar size is linked to usergroup. Certain usergroups have the larger size; certain ones don't. I sort of thought that contributors did have the larger size, but they didn't. Now they do. That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Is the Contributor badge pretty much the same as the site supporter badge, but is just given to certain individuals for no charge? I understand that people asking for the contributor status are people that intend to make content for the site, but what is it that makes them eligible for those freebies?
No, you have a misunderstanding there: Contributor status isn't for people who plan to make things for the site. It's for people who have already contributed to the site in some significant ways. It's much easier for site supporters to contribute, but some people bust their ass and contribute anyway, even without that. Contributor status is their reward.

And, no, Contributor is not the same as Site Supporter. Contributors get a number of things that "regular" users (technically, "Registered Users") don't get; site supporters get a number of things even beyond that. For instance, the larger avatar size used to be one of those things, until like 3 days ago. There are some more things as well. The ability to hand out negative reputation would probably be the most significant one. But there's probably others; it's not trivial to figure out what all the differences are, or else I would just go look it up for you. But the point is, there are advantages to being a Site Supporter that being a Contributor won't get you. No promises as to whether those are any advantages you might actually be interested in or not.

Of course, if you want to start contributing a bunch of stuff, and do that for a few months or years or what-have-you, you could get the Contributor status instead, and it might be all you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V