View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2011, 10:52 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Thanksgiving Custom Contest

I am in a unique dilemma with this contest. I am torn between two possible options for the fig(s).

I can go the obvioue route: A squad of Pilgrims and Indians. The figures (while a tad bigger than HS 28mm) would be readily available from the Jamestown Settlers and Powhatan Indians Toobs from Safari, Ltd.

However, that option will probably produce a lot of similar units with the figures almost dictating the abilities.

The other route is the route that will be the most challenging of the two and will really bring some diversity in abilities: A turkey. Again, the fig in the pic is available from Safari, Ltd. but is well beyond HS scale. I am using a turkey cupcake topper for the actual fig on the battlefield (yes, I have already designed one, but, of course, I will not be entering the contest).

The drawback is that you won't have a HS quality sculpt to go with the card. But, the challenge to make a turkey a viable unit in scape is what makes designing fun and, again, will most likely bring the most diversity between the two options.

So, I will not make a decision on the figure for the Thanksgiving contest until Saturday, Oct. 22nd. You have until then to post your comments on which fig choice should be the one used...

A- A squad of Pilgrims and Indians
or
B- A turkey

Let me hear from you!