View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Marro Gnids

So I noticed in the front page comments several people asking what happens to Gnids who a) Cling, and then b) the hero they're clinging to is destroyed. The simple answer is that nothing happens to them; they just stay on the opponent's card until the game is over.

The question comes up, though, as to what to do when the scenario objective is to to destroy all your opponent's forces (since clinging Gnids aren't technically destroyed), or how do you count them for points if you're doing a timed scenario and you have to figure out points remaining or points destroyed. In this case, you should treat clinging Gnids exactly like undropped AE. AE that never drop aren't destroyed either, but they don't keep you from winning, right? Same thing here.

For those who are curious, clinging Gnids are not technically destroyed because we didn't want them to be able to be rebirthed by the Hive: neither while they're actively clinging, nor after their host dies. Gnids that have never clung, of course, can be rebirthed. Our original attempt at this was super-wordy, but then we realized that if we just didn't count them as destroyed, we could keep the power much simpler. And there you have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V