View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2016, 09:00 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Ohio NHSD 2016 @ CinCityCon - October 1

Cool, already some yesses from the Dayton area players (only 45 min or so away). What is yall's opinion on doing Reverse The Whip or not? It might be fun to do and will vary the armies more, but honestly with the high hero count it should be different already, and just in case some newbies come to the heroscape tournament scene want to come, it might be easier not to do it, although I am allowing C3V/SoV and those are weird for newbies too.

Also, the AotP & Heroscape learn to plays - I wanted to make it open to new people at the con to learn and play, but also open to us experienced players to just have some fun games. Therefore I was thinking of doing 2v2 team events, that way one experienced player and one newbie can play together, and that would mean some patience on our part, but less patience than spending the entire time teaching and watching people play. So my question is how many of you would be willing to either sit with 2-4 newbies and not play but just teach, and how many of you would be willing to play with a newbie on a team, and which do you think would be better both for us and the new people? Also for whether we play Heroscape or AotP each game would be entirely up to the newbies what they would more like to play. It might be interesting to combine the two games (such as in a 2v2 one person play with heroscape army and the other with AotP army and spell deck) but it might get too confusing. I would cap the learn-to plays at 4 hours total, so all games would be done at 7 and it would give time to both tear down as well as get some other games in at the con. Any suggestions?

I will give some thought to maps and pre-built armies for the learn-to-play / open event (as well as the army I will bring for the tourney), but just noticed last year's NHSD was 540 points as well, so I might steal from that event for both maps and armies.