View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2020, 02:04 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (Updated: 9/18/20... Avernus)

New addition for the big Construct guy line up!

After poking around this army, because I find it to be a lot of fun. I found that on a lot of the books for Talingul and the big constructs that the army seems like comments centered around them needing a ranged option. The Clay Golem is supposed to have similarities with the Iron Golem to include low life total and an ability that helps against special attack.

It is much more fragile than the Iron Golem but has the ability to throw "parts of itself" as a ranged attack. I'm imagining this as the Golem flinging pieces of itself off, which I originally thought needed to be a life point reducing ability but a Golem should be able to just mass more earth from the ground as it moves. Standing in water would give it more access to "soft" earth or clay thematically and justifies the enhancement to the special attack, shouldn't unbalance him though because water is typically on the lower parts of a map.

The figure I'm thinking of for this would be Clay Golem #26 from Monster Menagerie 2, there are almost 50 figures around scattered on different sites but it's not too plentiful at the moment so I'm looking for a better fit in the future.