View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2021, 04:10 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Spider-Girl (Anya) ~ Public testing

Looking real nice here! I'd like to keep her at 190 since that makes a nice even point block with UK, but it's not a huge deal. I don't think these tests warrant an increase quite yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella
Hey Pyre! Just finished the tests, really enjoyed her!

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Spider-Girl

Map: The Crypt
Units: Spider-Girl (190), Spider-Girl (May) (140), Anti-Venom (260), Doppelganger (250), Spider-Man (C3G) (250) (1090 points) Vs. Luke Cage (190), Wolverine (Laura) (280), Casey Jones (160), Ryu (150), Iron Man (250), Headpool (60) (1090 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Winners: Spider-Girl (Anya) with 2 wounds, Spider-Man with 4 wounds, Doppelganger with no wounds.

Map: The Crypt
Units: Spider-Girl (190), Scarlet Spider (190), Anti-Venom (260) Spider-Man (C3G) (250) (890 points) Vs. Judge Dredd (210), Judge Hershey (200), Judge Anderson (190), Brit-Cit Judge x4 (220), Aaron Cash (75) (895 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Winners: Scarlet Spider with no wounds.

Thoughts on the tested unit’s cost, balance, & draftability:
During my playtests Spider-Girl quickly and clearly showcased herself as a key piece in a Spider-folk army. The combination of Web Warriors Leadership and Spider-Agility makes her very mobile, very versatile, and aggressive. Being able to activate somewhat like a Sidekick is very useful, and it allows her to constantly apply her debuffs and sets up some nasty combos which can be very strong. I found Anti-Venom and Spider-Man (C3G) to be her best partners. With Anti-Venom he can patch her up easily, and can be a strong beat stick and tank. Spider-Man can safely pull a key figure away from allies and hit them with 5 attack on height and -3 defense debuff. I think she’s very strong and a centre piece in a spider army. The debuff helps a lot of the spiders’ lower attack stat.

I’d say she’s strong at 190. I could see her maybe getting a slight price increase, but the lack of defensive power that a lot of other spiders have keeps her in check. She quickly becomes a target because of this as evident in the second game. She usually has to commit herself to a fight because 2 move isn’t going far, but a lot of the spiders can make up for this. You have to be careful with her, but she’s very good at what she does. As mentioned earlier I wouldn’t be surprised at a slight price increase, but I think the power here is more coming from her teammates she's set up than her herself.

General thoughts on the tested unit:
Really looking forward to her releasing. Never really tried the spiders until now but them all together is a lot of fun and she brings them all together pretty well. The debuff is really appreciated since a lot of the spiders are 4 attack or less. It’s also quite unique, I don’t recall many or any units having a debuff aura centred on their target instead of themselves, and it got a lot of mileage in my games! Very fun and strong unit!