View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2008, 12:34 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Shaolin Monks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Interesting army! I have a monks army which utilizes both archer heroes:

Monks x2 160
Woo 300
Syvarris 400
kaemon 520 (or howsabout Raelin SotM for ultimate Assault theme )

I played it this past weekend against S1R_ART0R1US.
It was my night to play fun armies. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

S1R threw 'Reavers, a whole mess of Stingers, Raelin, and Runa(!) at my forces. It was too much. With my archers busy dealing with Reavers and unable to focus on the approaching Stingers, my monks would engage the enemy Stingers, but their defense couldn't hold up to S1R's Drain rolls!

Concerning Woo. If you enjoy the ability of the Monks, you've got to prozy a figure for Woo and give him a whirl. Hop him into a situation and knock some heads, then bring in the Monks to assist as needed. The two sight spaces is small, but give nice, clustered, fighting-crowd situations reminiscent of Kung Fu movies.
We played a 600 point game, and our armies were:

Mine:
Monks x2
Kaemon
Charos
AE

His:
Syvvaris
Sentinels x3
Concan
Raelin

I'll admit I had some really lucky defense with the monks, but Kaemon was to counter both Syvvaris. One shot KO; though, he took 3 hits before he could shoot, but he also took the lives of 2 sentinels through counter strike alone. Charos was an obvious counter to the massive amount of melee he played; he ended up killing Concan and 2 sentinels. The AE never dropped .

Monks did the rest; it was a really good fight though I was pretty confident having charos for cleanup. I think I would have been roasted if I lost Kaemon and Syvvaris had lived.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.

Last edited by GreenLanturn; November 11th, 2008 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Capitalizing my 'i's. :p