View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2018, 02:43 PM

OrcElfArmyOne wears ripped pants of awesomeness OrcElfArmyOne wears ripped pants of awesomeness OrcElfArmyOne wears ripped pants of awesomeness OrcElfArmyOne wears ripped pants of awesomeness OrcElfArmyOne wears ripped pants of awesomeness OrcElfArmyOne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Just a couple quick hits.

I think you missed a factor in Q9 seeing decreased play especially in the main event. You'll have to play against him. Q9 is good and is very difficult to screw up and sometimes you can play optimally against him and he will just not die. That's a big risk to take when building an army you have to play against. (I brought him to an online take 2 tournament with obsidian guards, tandros, and a single attack VC figure against an army designed to be reselient to Q and those armies were pretty well balanced)
Actually, I'm talking about overall throughout events. GC was already RtW Main Event by 2012, and even before then (I believe 2010 was the first year of it, but I'd have to check.

Quote:
Figure limit absolutely mitigates squad scape and it hurt a couple niche units like vipers, ashigaru, and cutters (while myself and ISB3 had success with some of those units in main event, they are significantly worse if you have to play fewer squads). Ultimately, I think it makes heroes more viable and makes it harder to run an army of nothing but squad X which I think is very healthy for the game. Plus the bonus of shorter games.
Agreed that they were made worse, but they were never particularly amazing in the first place. The above is certainly not a comprehensive list of everything affected, but rather touching on some major ones.

Quote:
I think splashing is certainly not a bad army building practice and I know I've done it before, but you have to be careful not to build an army that plays like a wave army. I've actually had relatively straightforward armies order marker wise the past couple years and made up for it with armies that are weirder to play (stalkers and straight blasts). Having played a lot of events where your opponents can play your stuff, I find that there's multiple ways to build armies that you know how to play that your opponents might not and that's really the key to any kind of reverse the whip, bring 2, etc.

~Dysole, going for straight glads this year, naw just kidding or am I?
I was hesitant to even put in this section, but I figured it at least warranted being mentioned. The KoM will definitely be covering specifically the Main Event more in the future.

Thanks for the input!