View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2008, 02:58 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer
Wizards being a smaller branch may find it worth their effort to negotiate a specific, targeted license for just a Heroscape game that Mattel might allow to be made (if they don't have an idea for a game similar to Heroscape in the works themselves).
I would not be surprised if Mattel doesn't have a DC based hex game in the works. Has anyone really looked at the comic characters section of your fave toy store lately? Mattel now has the "build a character figs" where you get a leg or arm of a much larger character with each regular sized figure. That was a Marvel/Hasbro thing first. Mattel also has a version of Marvels failed "dueling 3" figures."
Frankly, I'd be happy with that. I'd be surprised if it was a "hex-based" game (since that would be an incredibly obvious rip-off), but maybe a grid-based game like Star Wars Epic Duels or HeroClix.

As long as the figure size was roughly 25-28mm I'd be ecstatic. Because I'm fairly certain that they'd become Heroscape customs pretty darn quick. And I could stop tracking down DC HeroClix figures in my local gaming stores to use as custom Heroscape heroes. They might not be as good as what we'd get from the official developers and testers, but I think they'd be "good enough" to give my the DC fix I want. (And who knows - if we're REALLY lucky Mattel could come up with a skirmish game that was good).
The funny thing to me is how much obvious enthusiasm there is for a DC'Scape, but that the parent companies just can't play nice.

Clearly, looking at the customs threads, there's a tremendous demand for the crossover. Lots of money to be made, but the corporate guys can't get their heads out of their collective recta.

It's as if we were like "Hey, DC and Hasbro, we'd like to give you piles of money, and all you have to do is share the sandbox and play nice," and they were like "Waaaugh! I wants my lolly alls to myself! [/poop pants]"

Joke's on them. More money for us.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers