View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
VINKRA ZALL

I am against Hero -> Squad bonding, for a variety of reasons. That's been shot down inside C3V before, and I don't expect SoV would fare any better. There are other ways to create synergy.

I like everything else about the unit, from stats to abilities to names and including the figure. A non-bonding Chomper is interesting enough, in my opinion, and anything else risks being overly flashy. If you do insist on Ferocious synergy (a pretty good design direction), I'd recommend something like (with an Attack reduction):

FEROCIOUS RAGE
Vinkra Zall rolls an additional attack dice for each Ferocious figure within 2 clear sight spaces, to a maximum of +3 dice.
I hear what you're saying though in cases like Omegacron where it's not bonding per say but Mobilization and Directed Fire allow a bonding like effect or Zaeus with Gorillinator Attack Bonding which is limited to attacking only. Marro Hive, Kurrok and Talingul also get around it by just having a special power that isn't bonding as well.

That doesn't mean it can't work without it, certainly there is very little current utility in bonding without building a faction around it. Mezzodemons, Quasatch, Obsidians, Sahuagin and White Wyrmling are all that benefit ATM so very limited. Something to think about considering the limits. I'll have to rethink it maybe with just hero bonding or as you state a synergy aside from that.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!