View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2019, 11:48 PM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Romans, Axegrinders, or Deathchasers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
I've had deathchasers run up on me, it's scary! Unfortunately I can't really decide as I don't have enough experience with all 3 to say.
I love the deathchasers out of the 3 by far, that doesn't say they are the best, they just suit my play style. Romans have a great decent amount of options when it comes to what warlord they bring with them, though Marcus Decimus is the one that I would say helps them the most with the dual move bonus and adjacent attack bonus. They have an average to decent attack, some perks to help them with a little defense with the shield wall, and a 4 man squad. They are perhaps the best bang for the buck points wise.

Dwarves are great in some situations. They are pretty average with their stats. You can give them a decent move at sacrificing the bonding with their leader, they have some pretty good leaders to bond with, and do slightly above average against the big guys.

The Death Chasers. They have some pretty fun units to bond with as well. They can cover an average battlefield super fast with their rush especially combined with initiative. These guys are fast moving and great at killing most units. Where these guys fall behind the other two is that they are a 3 man squad, not 4, and they lack the defensive staying power that the others have a slightly better amount of dice.

All in all I do agree that Romans would be the best unit, followed by dwarves, followed by Death Chasers. They all have one weakness though. Ranged squads. Especially those ones with 4 man groups that can mow them down as they come.