View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2010, 09:57 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: 2010 Main Event Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Braxas Ratpodges do well, right?
80 Raelin RotV
120 Deathreavers x3
210 Braxas
100 Krav Maga Agents
510, 18 hexes
I don't really like this one. Seems a bit risky offensively. You lose an agent and Braxas, and you're screwed.

I like Gruts and Agents, or a similar army with Dwarves/Mogrimm. I was really keen on 4x Greenscales, Nilfheim, Raelin, but now I'm not so sure. The army I took to Rochester a year or two ago seems neat too: 4x Stingers, Raelin, Zelrig, or maybe 3x Dwarves, Migol, Zelrig.

Since Trons are maybe more unlikely than even last year, Cyprien might be a good play.

Heh:

3x Knights of Weston 210
Sir Gilbert 315
Sonya 360
Cyprien 510

90- 1x KoW + Marcu.. or maybe Finn +Isamu
110 - 1x KoW + Isamu + Eldgrim
130 - 1x KoW + MW + Isamu

Those aren't the best additions.
I'm not so sure I like the orc / agent army with only 3 heavies. I'd rather take 4 and filler.

I think 2 x GSW is the max you need. Nilf is still pretty darn good if they go down and you won't run around with 2/3 melee squad. At least that's been my (limited) experience with play-testing the GSW.

I have about 5 or so dwarf armies in the works. I'm still working on the rat problem with them.

Oh and there's one more that fomox and I have in the works.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G