View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2010 format

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
The only change I'd really like to see would be the point total. While I wouldn't complain about playing at 520 points, I'd really like to try something in the "standard range" that's a little more nonstandard. Maybe 480?
The only thing I have to say about that is that my appetite for lower point totals increases proportionally with the number of armies I'm allowed to bring. (Well, and okay, one more thing: what counts as "standard"?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I don't like the draft in a tournament setting because I think it's more suited to casual play. I'm fine with theme armies (planet, general, personality, etc.) but I'm not that much of a fan of limiting builds by forcing them to exclude certain units or include others.

And I think most people regard the standard as 400-600 points, 24 hex start zone kill 'em all
I'd say 450-550 would be the standard range. You really don't see alot of 400 point tournaments anymore, and 600 is fairly uncommon. Though I know many/most people would say 400-600.

The more I think about it,the more I like the idea of a lower point total. Lower point totals usually result in smaller armies, and fewer games going to time, which is always good.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.