View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2018, 07:34 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Zatanna (II) (Breathing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I really dig your version of retirement.

So what's your line of thought on the first power? Are you looking to set up Justice League Dark stuff? Or are you still looking at some of the elemental spell stuff you were way back when?
Legit at that retirement comment. It comes and goes.

This one is going to still need some designing, so I'm not expecting to fast track this, but I like the base of what I had before.

It was suggested at one point to go with:
Quote:
MISTRESS OF MAGIC
Each time Zatanna casts a common spell, before discarding that common spell, you may roll the 20-sided die, adding 3 to the roll if it is a common Elemental Control spell. On a roll of 9 or higher, do not discard that common spell.
As the 3rd power, and accompany her with some elemental spells that I had a lot of excitement about. However, that was pre-spells release, and really...I haven't even adopted spells into my games. It's not that I don't like them or think they were executed poorly, not at all... I think it comes down to the fact that my friends and I hardly play any more, so it's really not worth adding the new feature at this point.

With that said, I think I'd prefer to not go with a spell focused design for her 2nd version. I want a Justice League friendly version here, be it standard Justice League or Justice League Dark. I could go either way, or both really.

So I'm open to suggestions, but ultimately, that's where I'm at currently with the design. I've held her off long enough due to not wanting to have to do 5+ spells to get her to where I wanted her, I'd prefer a simplified approach, and have the core of the character represented on the card itself.