View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2019, 09:04 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Avernus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Has anyone tried this figure outside of a Talingul build? I’m not a huge fan of Talingul and it seems quite good for a 135pt. hero. 4 defense, 7 life, rolling multiple Waves of Flame and then swinging for 4 each attack phase is nice. The double space is a plus I think, you can engage a tad more with it. Negative Element still sucks though. Maybe...

Avernus 135
Raelin 80
Krav 100
Warforged x2 160
Eldgrim 30

(Another filler if you’re under 505)
I like playing Avernus with Ornak, but maybe the double hero bonding is what you don't like about Talingul.

Yes, Avernus is a nice figure all by his lonesome. Just keep him away from your own units! I played him a few times in a thematic Firestorm. Looks so cool on the board with that army.
Yeah I think he reminded me of Kurrok too much initially so I was a bit turned off by him but looking at him again I guess he's closer to Ornak in his armies, and I like Ornak. I think if he could choose to take a turn with either 2 constructs, or 1 construct+himself I'd like him a lot better. But I do like him more than Kurrok.

Talingul aside, Avernus looks solid.