Thread: Weight Training
View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2008, 11:36 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Wow, he's lucky that hit him in the chest and not the neck.

On another note, I've found that sometimes getting over the hump so to speak and increasing your max is more of a head game than your having enough strength to lift said weight.

Happened to me in getting to that 220 squat. I already knew I could do 215 and that's what I thought I had put on the rack. So I get the bar up and do my 3 reps at "215". I put the bar down and my trainer comes along and says "Nice! 220!" I say, actually it's 215. He says, count again, that was 220.

He was right, I did a stupid and miscounted, thought I was doing 215. The fact that I knew I could do 215, I never hesitated, and did the reps. Where had I decided to go for a new max I would have paced the gym a couple times and got myself all worked-up to try it and I probably only would have done it once, and been happy with it.

I wish I messed up like that more often...