View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2022, 11:02 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

I think the major thing at this point is seeing how endorsements from big people in board gaming YouTube will increase things. It just worries me seeing many people on here and the Facebook group saying they're buying multiple copies of an all unique set and willing to ship to other people and what the numbers are currently. I know it's early, and this does seem like something that could raise slowly as other people done out about it or perhaps change their minds and pledge.

I also believe that this won't lead to future expansions unless it hits 16,000. I know that's a whole other battle itself. The battle of all time indeed. I don't see Hasbro willing to do another run if this doesn't hit all the stretch goals. Especially if new players would really need the full master set of tiles offered to then build a want for expansions and for them to have a board to play on. I don't think Hasbro will offer basically a set of just an ROTV amount of basic tiles, which is the necessarily backbone to play. They just seem reluctant to sell just the terrain, for whatever reason.

I went into this thinking this would probably be a one and done release. I'm happy to see so much offered. I'm hoping they'll just give backers the SOTM units at 8,000 regardless. It's really not that much of an extra bonus for what is average for crowdfund campaign bonuses.

But the battle of all time is currently being fought, and the war isn't over yet.

Upset City Baby.