View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:05 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Proposed wording:

Abilities Benefiting an Opposing Army

Is it possible to benefit from an opposing armies ability? More specifically, could the Roman Legionnaires Shield Wall ability be enhanced by an opposing Roman Legionnaire adjacent to them? Could a wounded Sacred Band figure roll the Sacred Band Defy Death 15 if adjacent to an opponent's Parmenio figure?

This would be obvious except for the precedence set by the Flying ability with disengage that Taelord has been ruled to have simply because the card lacks the statement that Taelord will take leaving engagement attacks.

Roman Legionnaires' Shield Wall:
When defending with a Roman Legionnaire, add 1 defense die for each other adjacent Roman Legionnaire up to a maximum of +2 dice, for the Shield Wall power.

Parmenio's Sacred Band Defy Death 15
When an adjacent Sacred Band figure receives one or more wounds, roll the 20-sided die before removing that figure. If you roll a 15 or higher, ignore any wounds.

The basis making this question valid is the face that in neither case do the abilities state 'friendly', 'your' nor 'you control'.

I did not add the Zettian Guards, as Jason is correct, the bonus would be nullified by engagement as they do not have a Special Attack ability.
Malechi, I would like to see discussion of benefitting friendly figs included in this, as that would impact the Zettian and close the line of question as the cards are open as to who they benefit. This is noted in your closing statement about 'friendly', 'your' and 'you control'

Has anyone gone through the rest of the cards? I've been trying to address things on the boards and stalled at dw9k.

<edit>As far as I can tell on the remaining cards the special powers all include one of the qualifiers 'friendly', 'your', and 'you control'</edit>