View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2015, 10:55 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
*chuckle* Good move with the sniper rifle, JG. Too bad it didn't work out.
Thanks D_S. Yeah, I had the accountant and waitress in the Police Station so I could look at six items before choosing two during searches and thus already had a shotgun and two pistols to keep the mutants at bay. My turns were quick, cool fun, but I had to wait 1/2 for my next one. I did not expect to be the most experienced player at the table. James came in late, with a new game in his hand which he obviously wanted to see played, and reluctantly got sucked into joining us. I watched his eyes glaze over and knew we had lost his undivided attention as I struggled to keep the group focused on just finishing each Round. There were way TOO MANY distractions. I would have gone with him if I wasn't feeling guilty about committing to Kaitlin S. (not the gender-challenged Kaitlin G.) on FaceBook that I would play DoW with her. It was a good learning experience for me as I realized that I knew more about the game than I realized and was able to "coach" the other players getting through their turns, which is exactly what I wanted to accomplish and why I drove 60 miles each way to participate.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE