View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2017, 11:21 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Poker-Sized Card Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
These look beautiful. Is the plan to eventually release new figures with both formats (Hex and rectangle)?

I can't help but see how nanDECK would automate the crap out of this...just sayin. If it would interest you, I would be happy to help you get setup and going (not that you can't figure it out, but I know it well enough to help speed you along).
One issue I'm seeing is that it appears that you make one template for the backgrounds and such. Not as much an issue with Classic since there is just one color scheme per general. C3G however uses different background and borders for each unit. The text part isn't an issue since it's just copy and paste from the second post of each book. I save the templates for each set so that if I need to update or change any text it's quick and easy. The part that takes time is trimming the mini and creating the target zones which can't be automated anymore than I already have it with my photoshop actions. I also have actions that auto color the borders.

As for your other question, yes I will continue to create the cards for each set. To be open...all the cards that are finalized for the next release have already been created. The newer cards are the easiest for a few reasons. 1. the mini and comic images are linked in the post so I don't have to search for them.
2. If I created the official card I just copy paste the mini and text straight over since with a direct port.

Some of the older cards don't have the comic image linked and a lot of the links to mini images are no longer valid so they take a little longer. I have most of them already done from previous efforts but since I added the highlighted mini option I have to go back and fix them. Also some of the previous ones had been done with the mini that we had and since these are being released here I need to change the cards to the official mini's. I also hadn't updated text in awhile so I'm picking that up as well. Because I'm not sure on the mini I have or when the last updates were done I'm going through each figure and checking text and mini's which is why it takes time. Plus I'm only one guy with a family.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.