View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2009, 12:15 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question Dump.

Now! Now! Now! Fast! Fast! Fast! I don't have time to readbecauseI'mtoobusydoingwhateveritisthatIdothatisnotreading-ARGGGH ARGLE BARGLE! :hairpull:

I get that people come to the site and they're excited and they want their answer right away. A lot of communities tolerate that. Some don't. I think this is one that doesn't. The only way to stop being a n00b is to lurk.

When you join an online community (and this is true of just about ANY online community), you get your username and password, maybe make a couple of additions to your profile, and then you just put your head down and shut up.

Just read. Don't post, don't ask questions, just absorb information and culture. Try it for, like, a week, tops and you'll see. After a week, 95% of the questions you WOULD have asked will have been answered already. It is a Universal Fact of the Internet.

I guess there are two schools of thought in conflict here. There's the group of people who want their answer, and there is the group of people who want to LEARN what their answer is.